Miguel has nearly 30 years of experience as an architect (trained in The United States and registered as an architect in Germany), city and regional planner specialising in urban design, bridge design and infrastructure planning. Combination of his experience and skills enable him to deliver innovative, effective and seamlessly integrated design solutions.
Miguel has been involved in numerous Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) projects in the last 13 years leading the urban design discipline. He also has key experience in undertaking visual and landscape character impact assessments for infrastructure projects including in sensitive settings such as heritage areas, urban environments and environmental protection zones.
His broad experience on a variety of international projects lays a basis for thorough understanding of complex issues regarding urban environments, their interfaces and functional integration. Miguel works collaboratively on projects with day-to-day contact with engineers to ensure integrated outcomes and great value to the project team.
- Works collaboratively across multidisciplinary project teams
- Ability to incorporate seamless and innovative architectural solutions
- Extensive experience in infrastructure type projects
- Visual impact assessment expertise for infrastructure projects
- Skills - Innovative architectural solutions, Infrastructure type projects, Landscape character & visual impact assessment expertise
- Memberships - Member - UDIA, Member - Planning Institute of Australia (PIA),Urban Design Forum - Australia, Planning Institute -Saxony Germany, Architects Institute - Saxony Germany